Re: cv axle assemblies non-oem new vs. remfd.

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Nov 25 2009 - 12:36:48 EST

On Wed, November 25, 2009 3:31 am, David Margrave wrote:

> So I'm really wondering if anyone here has tried a GCK cv axle, or an a1
> cardone remanufactured axle.

I got Cardone Select axle shafts last year from RockAuto. I just went
with the new parts, since the core charge on the remanufactured ones
wasn't worth paying to ship my old axles back to them. My total was $162
for both sides, including shipping. They've been on a little over a year,
and no complaints so far (knock on wood). They do have a lifetime
warranty on them.

Personally, I haven't been able to beat RockAuto's prices on anything yet,
and have no complaints about their service. Of course, I also haven't
needed to send anything back to them, so I can't comment about their
return process (although it is worth noting that they have so far managed
to send me the right parts on the first try, unlike many other mail-order
places that appear to be staffed by monkeys).