Re: O2 sensor, how hard?

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Mon Nov 30 2009 - 00:44:08 EST

On 11/29/2009 09:14 PM, Jim Zito wrote:

> 2wd here.... but you should be able to get a wrench on there with little
> trouble....snip wires if needed......
>
> required torque inversely proportional to age of exhaust system......
> more rusty u is, less likely u can twist her out
>
> as was said b4 lots of PB Blaster....no joy there
>
> torch and a candle ....heat remove heat and apply wax
> repeat.....

Mine is probably the factory original with 136k on it... no salt up here
but I'm sure it'll be fun to get out. Might be worth it if the fuel
economy goes up a little though. I hate winter gas. Heck, I hate
winter. ;) I almost want it to snow so I can go out and play with the
truck and learn how it handles.