Re: O2 sensor, how hard?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Nov 30 2009 - 02:17:03 EST

Matt Beazer <teseract@moparhowto.com> wrote:
[...]
> So I guess I should rephrase: Can I get an open/closed end wrench on it
> or deep socket without using a sawzall to hack the end of the sensor
> off? And if so, is it in a location strong enough to take the torque of
> a man beating on the end of a wrench without breaking something? ;)

    No, you shouldn't need to remove anything to get to the sensor
itself. You've probably got more stuff in the way than my 2wd like
the transfer case and such, but I'm pretty sure I've helped Jason with
oxygen sensors on his '95 v6 4x4 also, and I don't remember it being a
big deal. Its not the least cramped area to work on the vehicle, but
still adequate room to get up in there with a wrench. The stock
exhaust system is pretty stout so putting a little torque on 'er
shouldn't be an issue either. :-)

    Good luck!

--
                                          -Jon-