Re: O2 sensor

From: Bill Pitz (bill@pitz.net)
Date: Wed Dec 02 2009 - 12:55:19 EST

Matt Beazer wrote:
> Wow, I hope mine is that easy. ;) I'll probably end up hitting it with
> PB Blaster but lubricants make me nervous as it doesn't take much to
> trash an O2 sensor. One direct hit of WD40 will do it; I know, I have
> experience with that one, heh.

I was able to get an O2 sensor on a 115,000 mile 10 year old car
(Nissan) out with just a wrench. Took a little elbow grease to break it
loose (mostly because of the obscure angle and fear of busting knuckles
open), but it came out. And there was no trace of anti-seize on it.

I don't know why I bothered putting anti-seize on the new one, since it
will undoubtedly outlive the car, but I did it anyway ...

-Bill