Re: Re: oil burner conversion?

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 14:22:09 EST

On Nov 28, 2009, at 07:55 , Aaron Wyse wrote:

> Look for the 3.9L ISB It's a 4 cylinder version of the 5.9L, is available with a turbo.. and can be found with a Chrysler bellhousing pattern.
>
> I've seen those done in vehicles ranging from Wrangler to Suburban.
>
> Many old bread trucks have them, as do many industrial vehicles.

You beat me to it.

check out www.4btswaps.com for lots of info on putting these smaller cousins of the 6bt found under the hoods of many Ram 2500 and 3500s.

There have been a couple swaps into Dakotas and Durangos of these engines (also popular in Wagoneers, and I know of a ZJ Grand Cherokee as well).

I'm also aware of a 6bt going into a first gen Durango right now.

Mike
everything should be diesel.