Re: 2010 HD Rams are now on the Dodge web site...

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 05 2009 - 16:46:00 EST

In article <hfejff$ak$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, bill@pitz.net (Bill Pitz)
writes:

> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> > Still kinda sucks that a stripped down work truck would come in at
> > $35K through, IMHO. :-(
> >
> > I'm sure a lot of that is due to my head being stuck back in the
> > 90's where you could get a fully loaded 1 ton diesel for that kind of
> > coin. My brain will probably never catch up with inflation. ;-)
>
> 35k seems ridiculous for a vehicle from a manufacturer with questionable
> stability and no real features to speak of. I suppose I should look for
> myself, but is this MSRP or what dealers are actually charging?

That is MSRP on the web site... and I do agree its a lot of money for a base
model truck. However I was over at a local Ford Stealership... and the
superdoodys were priced similarly. The base gasser models were in the $35-37K
range. Models with AC, auto trans, power accessories, tow packages, plow prep
packages... nothing fancy like leather or DVD/GPS Nav.

The higher trim package trucks with the PowerChokes were $50K +

The 3/4 and 1 ton truck pricing is outrageous.

--TerribleTom