Re: RE: Fuel injector connector/pigtail

From: Bill Pitz (bill@pitz.net)
Date: Thu Jan 07 2010 - 20:58:22 EST

Brian wrote:
> No need for the tabs,. About half my injector plugs are broken.

Nice to know I'm not the only one!

Any tricks for getting the connector off without the tab? I have one
with just the red locking tab broken and another with the red locking
tab broken and about half of the black 'release' tab broken. I fiddled
with the more broken one a bit, but it didn't want to break free.
That's when I decided to start shopping for replacement connectors, just
in case I totally screw it up during disassembly...

I picked up a couple of the replacements from RockAuto just to have on
hand, but they do seem to fit fairly snug even with the tab broken.

-Bill