Internal/vs external bal.

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 13:00:20 EST

Mike S writes in response to my post relating to the '96
360 being internally balsnced... >> This information isn't
accurate. The 5.9 was still externally balanced in 96 all the way
up until it's demise. I wouldn't count on a parts book for
information that could end up leading to a very expensive
mistake. <<

I questioned that info when it was 1st revealed to me, but I
saw the notations in the book and the different p/n for the
'96 vs the '95 TC for the 360(5.9). The book he uses gave
the '96 5.9 p/n as the same as the '95 & previous Magnums
TC.. I had never heard that previously. I will try to confirm
that again if I ever have a reason to visit his shop. I'm 73
years old and am trying to get away from this mechanic work.
I get so danged sore I can hardly move in the mornings when
I crawl under - over - into vehicles now. This engine swap
has taken 3 months and nearly killed me. I'm going to also
check it with the local Dodge dealer..

"Government's first duty is to protect the people,
 not run their lives." - Ronald Reagan

Azie