RE: Internal vs. External Balance

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 13:02:11 EST

Hey Gary...I wonder if you might have reversed the balance type between the
340 and 360 in your note? Every 318 and 340 I've had has been Internally
balanced (including my magnum 318) and every 360 I've had or heard of was
originally Externally balanced. Just trying to reduce some confusion here.

If indeed your 340 was externally balanced, I would guess it was a '72-'73
model which I believe had cast cranks. The earlier ones for sure had
forged cranks and were internally balanced. Let us know.

Ray