Re: Low-cost Jeep Cherokee Ideas

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Mar 02 2010 - 17:08:04 EST

Don Rey <radon220@gmail.com> wrote:

> So throw out some low-cost ideas to convince me I should drag this
> thing home (actually with a few minutes work I might even be able to
> drive it home). I like XJs and I really like manual trans.

    Is the plan to get it re-titled and drive on the street, or would
it be a trail-only rig?

    I have a '99 XJ as you may know, its a bone stock daily driver.
It has been a pretty decent vehicle so far. I've only taken it on the
trails once, that was during the BBQ last year along with Tom in his
Ram. I was fairly impressed with its capability even stock. My only
stuck so far was just a few weeks ago in some deep, sloppy snow. I
think the undercarriage must have gotten hung up in the snow and
the tires couldn't get a good grip.

    What sort of price are you able to get it for? If its low enough,
it might even be worthwhile for the drivetrain alone.

    If the body is really bad, possibly it could be pulled off (except
for the floor pan) and the frame and chassis used as the basis for
some sort of buggy?

--
                                          -Jon-