Re: Low-cost Jeep Cherokee Ideas

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 16:25:11 EST

Jon wrote:

>    Is the plan to get it re-titled and drive on the street, or would
> it be a trail-only rig?

No need to re-title, it's got a good title. Insurance never got
involved in the crash.

>    What sort of price are you able to get it for?  If its low enough,
> it might even be worthwhile for the drivetrain alone.

Yeah it's worthwhile... I'm pretty convinced now. I just needed 24
hours to second guess myself before I take on yet another project.

>    If the body is really bad, possibly it could be pulled off (except
> for the floor pan) and the frame and chassis used as the basis for
> some sort of buggy?

If it comes to that, it will be a very long term project, but that's
ok too. The body's not really too bad though. I like Aaron's idea of
simply banging the fenders out flat. It may need a little more than
that (e.g. the headlight housing got mushed way back) but to start
with, I'll take that basic approach.

When I get my hands on it, I'll see what kind of resurrection is possible.

Don in CT