Re: Gen 2 Taurus Fan

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2010 - 21:48:03 EST

David Henry wrote:

> I did some searching, and didn't really see a conclusion to the Gen 2
> Taurus electric fan install ...SNIP
> -- David 94 4x4 318 5spd Lifted on 33's.

I am going to do an electric fan probably in a month or so. I brought
up using a viper fan or a Taurus Fan with my mechanic buddy, [think
bernd without the PC] and he told me I am an idiot, that I should just
lift the whole system from a Grand Cherokee. Apparently, the HO's came
with an electric fan already that is a damn near drop in replacement
into a Dakota, up to and including some of the connectors already
existing on the Dakota's wiring harness. He was so convincing, in fact,
that I said yes, and we are going to do it as soon as he get's done
swapping a motor on someone elses car, and I get the $$ for the parts.
Trust me, I will be there and taking a ton of pix to document this. I
wish I could remember all of the details to post now, but I don't [it
was cold that day]. Anyway, since he's a chrysler mechanic, I believe
him, so here we go...