Re: Gen 2 Taurus Fan

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 21:28:04 EST

On Mar 3, 2010, at 9:48 PM, Barry Oliver wrote:

> I brought up using a viper fan or a Taurus Fan with my mechanic
> buddy, [think bernd without the PC] and he told me I am an idiot,
> that I should just lift the whole system from a Grand Cherokee.
> Apparently, the HO's came with an electric fan already that is a
> damn near drop in replacement into a Dakota, up to and including
> some of the connectors already existing on the Dakota's wiring
> harness.

do you know which generation Grand with which engine? I know WJs with
the 4.7 had some hydraulic fan driven by the power steering on at
least some years. I still have a 4.0 WJ in my driveway that I could
take a look at the fans on.... it needs an engine swap finished anyway.

I have two newer Taurus fans, and a Dakota Digital controller, and
relays.... but got lazy on the mounting solution since they attach TO
a shroud, and therefore need circular mounting stuff done.

Mike
wrinkle free back in 2003