Re: RE: Re: Can I please get a confirmation?

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2010 - 14:57:00 EDT

On 20-Apr, 2010, at 08:43 , Tom Coulter wrote:

> The condenser is retained in a durable (high impact) plastic "frame" (at least left/right/bottom) and the lower bolt heads that fasten this housing are "hidden". If I had Superman's X-ray eyes, I'd say they are right under the radiator, punching down thru the chassis member (which may be threaded).

I have my front bumper off my 98 right now, and my condenser keeps trying to fall out. that "durable high impact" plastic frame has lost most of its mounts, but it appears to me that the bottom of the frame has fingers that slide around rubber bushings bolted to the core support, so that with the front bumper off the core can come forward without disturbing the radiator.

So radiator removal vs bumper. That's a tough call, as I recall the bumper is a bit of a task to R&R when all of its fasteners are present. I pulled mine since it was beaten to the point of breaking turn signal lights.

Mike