@#$ $@#%$@ autozone brake Rant

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 19:17:52 EDT

I am so mad right now, I am having trouble typing because my fingers are
twitching. My brakes started grinding today. No squeak, no warning,
just the grind. What makes me mad is that this is the second set of
Autozone Morse Ceramic pads I have used, and this is the second time I
got hosed. Rewinding a bit, I put my first set on a few years back,
some might remember the story of me having to BREAK the brake rotors to
get them off.. The first set lasted a hair [3 weeks ] over 3 years,
which is significant because AZ told me the warranty expired after 3
years. I was mad then, but because I had already installed the second
set of Morse ceramic pads [because at first they couldn't find me in
their Database, so I just bought set #2 and was hoping to get refund
once I was done..], I decide just to go with it. Fast foreward to Today
when I call my friendly Autozoner, and I am ready for him, because I
have my receipts and I KNOW I am less than 3 years this time [did the
second set in October of 2007]. So, Guess what the @#$@# !@#$$@# said
this time. Go ahead, guess.

"I'm sorry sir, the pads you referred to only carried a 2 year warranty
and that expired in October of last year. FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU...........

And to add insult to injury, these !@$!$ pads are eating a $300 set of
rotors.... AND I have to get this done tonight because I have to drag a
trailer soon... I am sooooo mad.