Re: Already planning for the "new" Christine

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 16:54:35 EDT

On Thu, 6 May 2010, TerribleTom wrote:

> Ok, first off I'll say that this is not going to be my typical "rebuild the
> truck in 3 days with no sleep and eating pop tarts and ramen noodles three
> squares a day" projects.

What do you mean? Ramen noodles are a square meal. Well, they're square,
anyway.

> My pipe dream is to do a Steinbeck Travels With Charlie style expedition all
> over the country. Back roads, greasy spoons, no highways, as few tourist
> traps as possible, as many baseball games as possible, as much geocaching as
> possible :)

Sounds awesome! Have you ever seen a show called "Feasting on Asphalt"?
All you need to do is get yourself declared a documentary or reality show,
and get a TV network to foot the bill.

> Who knows how long this will take to complete heh. But rather than keep it
> under wraps and shrouded with "hmm I wonder what hes working on now" I think
> this will stay out in the open with progress updates. I have a lot of
> planning to do, and saving to do... and I need to get a frame first :) But
> the gears have been churning already!

I know I'll enjoy reading the updates. Good luck with the project.

I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous. I used to have lots of great ideas
for mine, but reality has diminished my expectations somewhat. Now I'm
pretty happy if it actually gets me to work and back home every day. Oh,
well, I'll enjoy reading The Adventures of Tom and Christine.