Re: Already planning for the "new" Christine

From: TerribleTom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 11 2010 - 18:48:24 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On 6-May, 2010, at 22:20 , TerribleTom wrote:
>
>> dual alternators
>

> all sounds good but I've got to ask "why" on this one.
>
> Unless it's for an onboard welder (which is vastly useful, but you don't seem to have much interest in at all) I see no reason for dual alts. adding a York compressor for onboard air would be the same amount of bracketry work with a much higher degree of usefulness.
>
> Mike
> KOH #571 co-driver

Long term plans are to have lots of power sapping accessories... camper
with deep cycle batteries, those KC lights alone pull almost 34 amps...
and I want to add some more forward lighting and perhaps aux rear
lighting. On board electronics such as laptop, GPS, cell phone,
DC-to-AC inverter for the camper... CB Radio, winch, I know "you won't
use all those at the same time!" But lets just say I want to build this
truck with redundant systems and more capability than stock. I'm
figuring out a dual fuel tank set up as well.

Thing is I'm flakey on the engine choice again. The 318 in there now
would do just fine, but I keep wondering if a Liberty CRD diesel engine
would be a nicer option :) Too bad the crate engine Mopar Performance
was rumored to build, seems to have fallen by the Fiat wayside.

--TerribleTom