Re: Already planning for the "new" Christine

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 19:11:20 EDT

TerribleTom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> Thing is I'm flakey on the engine choice again. The 318 in there now
> would do just fine, but I keep wondering if a Liberty CRD diesel engine
> would be a nicer option :) Too bad the crate engine Mopar Performance
> was rumored to build, seems to have fallen by the Fiat wayside.

    IMHO, an engine in the bay is worth two in the crate. :-)
Especially after all the work you've already put into it. Also, I don't
have the numbers in front of me here, but I suspect you would be
dissapointed with the performance of the Liberty diesel in a Dak,
especially after it is loaded down with the winch, camper shell, extra
fuel (and I assume water) tanks, etc. If you wanted to go diesel, the
4BT would probably be the way to go in a Dak.

--
                                          -Jon-