Re: Used parts value

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 11:57:00 EDT

On Fri, 7 May 2010, TerribleTom wrote:

> CV axles may not fetch anything anywhere. Core prices on CVs range from
> $10-50 bucks US... might be best to just give em to someone who scavenges
> scrap. The CATS are worth money.. don't let your local bone yard bone head
> fool you. If you don't want it, hang on to it and bring it along with to the
> BBQ and I'll give you some cash for it.

Thanks for the input Tom, Jim and Mike. Sounds like I won't worry about
the CVs. I guess if someone wanted to use them as cores to buy reman
replacements, they'd work for that, but anyone in that position should
have their own cores anyway. And they're probably not worth paying
shipping. According to the govt. web site, Crappy Tire is supposedly set
up as a drop-off point for auto parts. I'll see if they'll take the CVs
without charging me a disposal fee. (If any CV axles show up on their
doorstep in the middle of the night, I'm publicly stating that it wasn't
me. No, really.)

Tom, hopefully you'll be able to make it to the BBQ. It won't be the same
without you (plus you know the rule about bringing your girlfriend to the
BBQ, we're all going to question her existence until then). If so, bring
me another case or two of delicious beer and the cat is yours. If not,
well, I guess we all understand real life getting in the way of fun.