Re: Used parts value

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 18:51:57 EDT

Jason Bleazard <jason.dml@bleazard.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the input Tom, Jim and Mike. Sounds like I won't worry about
> the CVs. I guess if someone wanted to use them as cores to buy reman
> replacements, they'd work for that, but anyone in that position should
> have their own cores anyway. And they're probably not worth paying
> shipping. According to the govt. web site, Crappy Tire is supposedly set
> up as a drop-off point for auto parts. I'll see if they'll take the CVs
> without charging me a disposal fee. (If any CV axles show up on their
> doorstep in the middle of the night, I'm publicly stating that it wasn't
> me. No, really.)

    You could always toss them onto the metal scrap pile at DML HQ.
One of these days we'll be dumping that off at the salvage yard. We
don't get much for it, I think maybe 10 cents a pound or so, but
that's certainly better than paying someone to take it.

    If all else fails, stick them in your front yard and call it
"art". ;-)

> Tom, hopefully you'll be able to make it to the BBQ. It won't be the same
> without you (plus you know the rule about bringing your girlfriend to the
> BBQ, we're all going to question her existence until then). If so, bring
> me another case or two of delicious beer and the cat is yours. If not,
> well, I guess we all understand real life getting in the way of fun.

    Indeed. I am a bit rusty on the rules though - someone please
remind me - how many consecutive years of not bringing said GF to the
BBQ does it take before we are allowed to claim that "she" is a man? :-)

    (Andy is already salivating at the opportunity for payback, I can
feel it!) ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-