Internet (was: Two questions - steering and diff.)

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed May 19 2010 - 17:53:06 EDT

On Tue, May 18, 2010 10:09 pm, Robert Schultz wrote:

> From ISDN to Bell WiMAX to Xplornet.
> Other then the newsgroup problem, I'm relatively happy with them.
> Not much choice in 'rural' Milton.

Ugh... my condolences. You must be out in the sticks. I thought there
was pretty good DSL and/or cable coverage through most of southern
Ontario? I think if neither of those options were available, I'd be
tempted to get a 3G cellular connection. How's your cell reception? From
the coverage maps it looks like Milton is fairly well saturated at the
highest speeds, but of course those maps are cooked up by the marketing
department.

The reason I'm interested is I've thought about finding a place in the
rural areas around Milton someday. I currently commute from Burlington to
Georgetown, and I like the scenery. However, I've also gotten used to my
DSL, even if it does top out at 5Mbit.

Actually, the wireless aspect is also relevant for when I'm out in the RV.
 What made you switch from WiMAX?