Re: Internet

From: Robert Schultz (rob@schultzfamily.ca)
Date: Mon May 31 2010 - 09:33:21 EDT

Jason:

Sorry for the late reply. Took off for North Carolina for a week on
mountain biking.

We're a mere 1 road north of the 401. The houses in this area were built
in the 50's and the phone wiring is original. Between the number of
houses and age of the area residents I doubt there's much call for Bell
to upgrade the wiring.

I do use my BB tethered for work. It is NOT fast, it's just OK.
Downloads happen in the 30kb/s range, and this is true in Ottawa,
Toronto or at home.

Bell WiMAX was faster, but they share infrastructure with Rogers and
have no control over the total subscriber base for any particular ground
station. My connection went from a consistent 500kb/s to 5-12! before I
canceled. Finally got them to admit it was oversold.

All that said, you could find a lot of time to wait for content if you
weren't spending it your car :-)

I am looking at a job in Burlington and I was shocked it could take me
50 minutes to get home at 5PM. And once the new developments get going
on the SE side of Milton it will only get worse.

 From my house to the south end of Georgetown is all of 8m.

Rob s.