Re: Re: Upgrade advice

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2010 - 19:33:47 EDT

Gary Hedlin wrote:
> 225,000 on the 98 and still taking home trophies! :)
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pKkSqngw_ai_Iz9KJtIdPw?feat=directlink
>
> My advice... Start gathering parts. Hop on car-part.com and see if
> you can get a low-mile engine and trans. Otherwise get some decent
> cores for a rebuild. Probably by the time you're done, you'll be good
> for another 200,000 for just 2 or 3 payments on a new truck.
>
> Gary

I was actually thinking some manner or fashion or Mopar crate motor if
mine gives up, but mostly because there is nowhere close that is worth a
crap at rebuilding motors. Either that or your standard junkyard swap
if I am low on $$ when it happens.

I am glad to see that there are several Dak's with gobs of miles and
still running good. I do really like not having a truck payment...