Re: RE: Unplanned Exhaust Modification

From: Josh Battles (cletusjones@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2010 - 15:48:31 EDT

I have a gibson 3" setup on mine and let me tell you it gets loud. Its a but
raspy but I attributed that to out being a V6. I'd like to put some pipe on
there to quiet it down but I haven't gotten around to it. I have to warranty
my muffler so I may attack it then.

- Josh

Yeah, it's not so loud as far as raspy-annoying. It's really low
sounding like someone is sitting under the truck hitting a bass drum,
very resonant.

I've had louder than this... but I hate drawing cops attention. I've
only ever been pulled over once for loud exhaust (1985 Turbo Laser with
3" exhaust with a race bullet muffler, no cat) and the cop still let me
go, but I don't like to tempt fate.

The funny thing is the rest of the exhaust is perfect, and the weld that
rusted out is a big goober weld. I think some redneck decided they
wanted dual tip exhaust, hacked it off some other Dakota and welded it
on. Around here exhausts don't rust out much unless you own a Chevy. ;)