RE: Unplanned Exhaust Modification

Date: Wed Jul 21 2010 - 14:53:03 EDT

Yikes. That makes sense, the cat gets pretty hot. By the time it goes
through the muffler it's not too bad though.

I'm thinking of getting a 2.5" coupler, hacking off one of the tips, and
using it as a redneck downturn. I think it's so loud and resonant since
there's no pipe at all after the muffler. A friend's ultraflow muffler
was a lot quieter with even just a couple inches of straight pipe coming
out of it.

I'm looking for a rental house with a large garage or shop... once I
ditch the wife I'll have a bit more money on hand and can do a 3" cat
and gibson catback.