RE: Dakota bleeder fittings - a vice is nice

From: Stephen Cecil (pigsnzen@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2010 - 10:18:21 EDT

I was replacing the brakes/pads all the way around on my wife's
Intrigue this last weekend. I had a set of Speed Bleeders that I
never installed, so I planned to put those in before bleeding the
system.

The right front caliper bleeder screw was both rounded off and almost
welded in place. I ended up pulling the caliper and putting the
bleeder screw in my bench vice, using the caliper body as a lever.

One bloody knuckle and a few choice words later, the offending screw
was free. Bled the system after that and everything is back in top
shape. I guess the $tealer never did properly bleed the brakes years
ago...

Steve Cecil
00 CC 4.7L Auto LSD