Re: Hard Starting - 2000 4.7L

From: Ted Wiegandt (twiegandt@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2010 - 11:18:35 EDT

I had the same thing happen. There is a $0.02 check valve that starts
to leak that is suppose to hold fuel pressure after you shut the
engine off. Try cycling the key 3-4 times without starting the engine
and then start it. Every time you put the key in the run position the
fuel pump will kick on for about a second then shut off if the engine
is not running. If the engine starts easily after cycling the key,
you can be pretty sure that it is a bad check valve which is part of
the fuel pump..

Do not buy an Airtex fuel pump. Mine left me stranded after less than 6 months.

Ted