Tire sizes

From: Josh Battles (cletusjones@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 11:12:40 EDT

DML: I need to get some new tires on the truck and am thinking I'd like to
run a different tire. Currently I've got 255/60/15 (27" x 10") BF Radial
T/A's [2] on the truck and it looks like this [1]. I'd like to switch it up
to something smaller and sportier while still maintaining all weather
functionality. After much searching I narrowed it down to a couple I thought
were pretty nice.

225/50/15 (24" x 9") Kumho Ecsta KU25 [3]
225/60/15 (26" x 9") Fuzion HRi [4]

I would really like to get into a 235 width tire but I can't find anything
shorter than 27" and the desired width for a 15" wheel. Has anyone run the
Kumho? We have Fuzion tires on our car and they've been good performing
tires. I'm OK with the 26" tire and am a little curious about the 24" one. I
think it would be nice to have a shorter tire but I'm afraid that 24" is too
short and will look ridiculous. What says the DML?

[1] http://omg-stfu.com/temp/dakotahood1.jpg
[2] http://bit.ly/94MFyh
[3] http://bit.ly/9EeHRo
[4] http://www.thefuzionzone.com/hri.asp