RE: Rear Shocks

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2010 - 22:13:22 EDT

Well, I was gonna go watch some TV but now you start asking questions I
might actually know something about, so....

While you say the shocks are about 5 years old (same as the Bilsteins on my
Jeep), the important factors are how many miles are on them and what type of
roads have they been driven over. High miles or rough roads = shorter
life. Low miles or smooth roads.....well, you should have the idea now.

The torn up cover may be problematic if the shock rod has been exposed to a
lot of debris or salt covered roads. Other than that, not a big deal.

As for the lowering of the truck....if the shock isn't bottomed out under
full suspension compression then I don't think they've been harmed.

Now for some TV. Later...

Ray