RE: Driveline lash.

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2010 - 22:03:30 EDT

Is this something new for you or has it always been like this? It's normal
to have some lash at the trans and a little more at the diff. When you
combine the two with a manual trans, on and off the throttle in first gear,
it really gets noticeable. It's not nearly as noticeable with an automatic
as the driveline always has some tension on it.

For the record, my diff was set up professionally when new and again when I
changed to a Detroit Locker. There has always been a noticeable amount of
slop while turning the yoke back and forth with the rear tires off the
ground, but it is perfectly normal and not noticeable when in gear with an
auto trans.

Ray