Re: MOPAR Automatics

From: TerribleTom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2010 - 23:46:53 EDT

Azie L. Magnusson wrote:
> TT writes(in part & edited):: >>
>
> I hate... I really hate...
>
> I mean I *REALLY* ******* hate...
>
> ...Chrysler Automatic Transmissions!
>
> Well, I don't have a clue as to what trouble you are experiencing
> but I've been overhauling automatics since back in the early 50's
> and I think the 727 & the later A518 are among the strongest &
> easiest to overhaul of any automatics. I have never worked on
> a later than '95 version, so if you have one of the Computer
> controlled(electronic shift controlled), I can't offer any advise.
> Granted I do not work on most foreign cars, so they are not
> included in my assesment.
> Could I possibly help you from a distance??
>
> Sharia Law encourages the side of humanity
> that wants to take from and subjugate others.
>
> Azie

I have had nothing but problems with all of the automatics in the Dodge
trucks I have owned. 1989 2wd Dakota, A-500, crapped out at 89K
miles... rebuilt... 1989 Dodge Dakota 4x4 A-500, had to have it
rebuilt when I bought it, bands, no hard parts... Granted later on it
was my own doing that killed the trans again in 2003... I'm not faulting
the transmission for my error that time.

The 46RE electronic controlled trans in the Ram has never ever worked
right. Shifts funky, kicked in and out of lock up whenever it felt like
it, even with cruise set cruising on the highway. I've replaced the
solenoid packs three times. Once I did it and changed them all... a 2nd
time another one failed, had a shop do it... another one failed, shop
replaced it again... and now yet again the same code comes up... and its
shifting like crap again. P1740. I really dont know what to do
anymore. I'm considering a manual trans conversion if I end up keeping
the Ram. I really could use a new truck, or at least a newer truck...
but I'm reluctant to sell or trade right now.

Anyone ever hear of a 360 magnum with a stick behind it? what would that
be? NV3500? 4500?

-TerribleTom