Gasoline for Dakotas , Petrol with Etanol blend or not ?

From: knox.james@sympatico.ca
Date: Sat Sep 18 2010 - 11:13:03 EDT

In Ontario most of our auto gasoline 87, 89, 91, 94 octane has up to 15% ethanol blend. Sunoco 94 is 15% to bring up octane rating . Shell V power 91 octane has no ethanol additive.

It is recomended not to use ethanol blend gasoline in marine engines as it breaks down seals and in 2 stroke engines it washes down cylinder walls of oil lubrication.

I have traditionaly run 94 octane in my 91 Dak & other vehicles, however after learning of ethanol negative effects and chemical breakdowns of components I have second thoughts on what fuel to run.
The good that ethanol breaks down water is also questionable.

Is octane boost and enviroment concerns with ethanol or engine life and and non ethanol 91 with nitrogen enhancement the better way ?

Jim ; 91 Dak 318 LA