Re: RE: Dakota models

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2010 - 11:00:07 EDT

Brian wrote:
> Really, no days, if you want to dream about buying a truck from Dodge, look
> into the full size as you can actually pick up a decently optioned full size
> for the same price as a Dakota. They have priced the Dakota out of reach
> for most of the people who would be looking for one. Maybe not so much out
> of reach financially, but people looking for a smaller truck are also
> looking to spend less money. When you can get a full size truck for the
> same price why would you still want the smaller truck. Especially
> considering the Dakota isn't much smaller than the Ram anymore.
> But from what I can tell, the ST is the base model. Big Horn/Lone Star are
> your fancy chrome package models, TRX4 is your less chrome off road option,
> and the Laramie is the fully loaded "limited" style model. But I doubt
> you can order a 2010 Dakota at this point, and haven't heard if they are
> sticking around for the 2011 model year considering sales have dropped off
> due to the price and sizing being so close to the Ram now.
>
> brian cropp

I would still want the Dakota for all the reasons I want the Dakota now.
  I get pretty close to the same towing capacity, bed capacity, and
internal volume, in a package that is just as smooth to drive and 100
times easier to park. Have you seen the rams lately? The grille is a
foot away from the radiator just for styling. I don't need that extra
foot, unless there's a winch mount hidden in there, and by the time you
get to the meaningful options you are back north of 30k again anyway.

If I am going to spend $30k I am going to get EXACTLY what I want, and I
like the Dakota size better than the Ram.