Re: RE: $#@# Brakes continued

Date: Wed Sep 22 2010 - 07:41:34 EDT

What pads were you running? I could see a soft organic pad doing that.

I'm running the Performance Friction carbon-metallic pads. Not that
impressed yet, I like more initial "bite" to a pad. I think part of it
is that the chamfers are very deep, to the point I think about 1/3rd of
the pad's surface area is unused until the pads get well worn.

Next time I think I'll try the EBC Green or maybe the Yellow pads.

Of course, I drove several years in a daily-driver Neon with Hawk HP
Plus pads, so I'm biased. Talk about initial bite. Not worth it though
in a street vehicle IMO, especially in winter.

M.B.