Re: RE: $#@# Brakes continued

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2010 - 01:24:01 EDT

Brian wrote:
> The anti-rust coating is a black zinc coating applied to a lot of
> performance brakes. Especially EBC rotors. I have the same slotted/dimpled
> rotors and the coating lasts and works. Over two years on my rotors and the
> coating is still holding up where the pads haven't worn it off. As for the
> bedding procedure, it's an industry standard thing. I do it on all my
> vehicles and it does help.
>
> brian cropp

My EBC's had an odd problem, all of my dimples and slots filled up with
brake dust slag to where I could feel them on the brake pedal. A couple
taps with a center punch or a screwdriver and mallet and the stuff fell
out, leaving the dimple/slot looking good as new, but it was a PITA to
hit every one [hence the center punch].