Re: Re: DTC P-1740 for the 3rd Time

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2010 - 14:08:58 EDT

On 19-Sep, 2010, at 22:58 , Andy Levy wrote:

> Seven years
> later, I still kick myself for reacting to news of his midnight (ok,
> 3AM) swim with "yeah, whatever guys, I'll check it out in the morning"
> instead of waking up & getting out of bed.

It really has been that long, hasn't it.

That was a year or two before we torched the front end off my truck in Jon's barn.....

I'd wondered what spiked list activity while I was busy, now I know.

I, for one, love Eaton 13 speeds. Much better than my NV4500 Mopar sourced 5 speed. I don't have anything bad to say about my ChryCo auto, #2 is still doing just fine.

Did some racing this weekend (I codrive this).
<http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5509302&id=92812931407&fbid=431945666407>
<http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=237886&id=100001091353283&fbid=139065852806459>

We tapped a tree and sheared a steering arm off. It should not have broken, but it did.... Upgrades coming.
Race was looking great for us until then, we had the 4th fastest first lap.
<http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,11425.msg76924.html#msg76924>

Did some wheeling too
<http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,9903.msg76903.html#msg76903>

Pics from both (some good Dakota pics halfway through - need a slightly longer coil retainer I guess):
<http://www.rockmodified.com/test/filmstrip/>

Mike