Re: Re: Bad ball joints?

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2010 - 01:46:54 EST

I never did have any luck with the air chisels on the rivets. I
always just ground the heads down and one swift blow with a 5lb sledge
and a center punch always did the trick... ball joints or leaf
hangers!

One thing, I know most people like MOOG's, but the last time I bought
them, O'rieley had one of their off-brands pretty cheap, and when you
open the box you'll find they're they're the MOOG ones in a different
box. So that might be something to look into.

I can say this.... compared to the pressed-in ones on my 05, the gen3
ball joints are a cake walk!!

Gary

--
Gary Hedlin
Show Car Signs by Hedlin Designs

--Many talk about those who died, but too few talk about those who survived... THANK A VET!