Re: Maybe the mechanic was right, I do need tires...

From: Mike & Sharon Higgins (clearcreek@gobrainstorm.net)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2010 - 19:08:53 EST

I have used 235/70Rx15 on my 99 Dakota for the past 5 years. I am using
Durango 15x6 wheels. I sure do enjoy the handling and sure grip with the
extra tread width. I've always used a Directional tread pattern. The only
tires that didn't quite make it through the second season were the
Bridgestone Blizzak's. They got just a bit too thin about January of the
second season after using them all summer, too. But the Goodrich Radial
T/A's were good for two, and the Firestone Winterforce made it through ½ of
last year, and still look like new.

I sure am hooked on directional tread design, though. The wet traction
(which is common in my two or three trips to Denver from Farmington each
winter) is terrific. I cruise through the mountain curves "Like I'm On
Rails" as they say, even without much of a load.

Mike Higgins
1999 Dakota; 5.3 ; 5 speed; 197,000