Re: Electrical Problem / Jon?

From: BOBBY (bocd@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2010 - 12:50:12 EST

hey john ....

thanks for the reply. i was absolutely shot last night. i have a head
cold and when i'm sick my heads always f'd up.

last night i noticed that when completing the ground circuit for the 2
assy relays i installed... all of the relays in my main fuse panel would
pull in and out. 1 relay was for my inverter and the other for the fan.
when isolating the fan circut, the relays in the panel would stop. i
also found that when resting my hand on the bare aluminum radiator edge
and completing the fan circut i'd feel a slight shock from ground. (I
have over 7000 cranking amps worth of batterys). i musta had a short in
that ground wire.

i could see the fuse blowing....but the horn really had me concerned. i
thought a burnt my computer up.

this morn i disconnected the trigger switch power taps from the in cab
fuse panel and changed the blown fuses in the underhood panel this
morning. Ran a new ground to the fan, retaped the cab fuse panel and
it's all working fine now.

thanks much for your time....

Bob