Montie Design December 2010 Newsletter

From: Montie Roland (montie@montie.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2010 - 12:09:34 EST

If you are having trouble viewing this message, please go to http://community.icontact.com/p/montiedesign/newsletters/2009may/posts/montie-design-december-2010-newsletter

Find the Perfect Gift in the 2011 Montie Gear Product Catalog!

You may have heard us talk about several of our shooting-oriented product
designs we’ve been rolling out this past year: the X-Rest, AR-Rest, Tree Rest,
and Precision Rest. The feedback we’ve been receiving from customers and
industry experts testing our products has been so great, we’ve decided to put
them together to form a brand new product line -- Montie Gear.

Montie Gear is "Heirloom Quality, Troublesome Gap Tough" -- meaning it's
equipment that you'll find useful enough to keep around for a long, long time,
while being tough enough to use in the roughest outdoor environments you might
find in a place like Troublesome Gap, North Carolina, up in the mountains.
Designed and manufactured entirely in the U.S.A., Montie Gear is designed with
the shooter and the outdoorsman in mind. Featuring high-strength aluminum
alloys and easy-to-carry portable designs, Montie Gear is perfect for any
hunter, shooter or outdoor enthusiast of any age or athletic ability.

The Montie Gear catalog provides detailed information on all our existing
products along with an easy-to-use order form. It’s available for viewing and
download [1]here.

We’ll be working on more Montie Gear products throughout 2011 to expand into
other areas of outdoor adventure, so stay tuned!

Montie Design Hosting Student Design Contest for Outdoor Gear

Most of our peers, clients, and friends know that Montie Design enjoys a strong
relationship with North Carolina college students studying industrial design or
mechanical engineering. We regularly host interns who engage in differing
hands-on activities from concept to design to prototyping, manufacturing and
marketing.

Now, we want to help even more students achieve greatness.

Montie Design is hosting a student design contest for Winter 2011 with prizes
of up to $500 and a two-year commission on any products that go to market
within two years of design submission. Participants are being tasked with
designing a new product for the Montie Gear line of outdoor shooting, hunting,
and archery products which grew out of the success the firm has enjoyed with
its X-Rest line of portable firearms rests.

Laura Taylor, president of the NC State Student Chapter of IDSA, worked with
Montie Design to conceptualize the design contest. A senior from Charlotte,
Laura said the contest will help energize the IDSA membership and provide
sought-after challenges for participants.

The design contest is already generating buzz and support in academic
institutions throughout North Carolina. If you know of students who might be
interested, pass the word. The design contest is open to current college
students from across the United States beginning December 1, 2010. January 18,
2011 is the deadline for submitting a description of basic product concept; the
final design proposal is due on February 17, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. EST. Submission
information and other contest specifications are available on the Montie Design
website at [2]montie.com.

Congratulations, Todd Everhart!

Todd Everhart of Bioptigen won a $100 Bonefish Grill gift card for
participating in Montie Design's recent client survey. We designed this survey
to pinpoint areas in which we need to work better and determine which new or
different product and service offerings we need to provide to customers.

All current and past Montie Design clients who responded to the survey
indicated they were expressed a likeliness to recommend Montie Design to a
friend or colleague.

Insights gained from the feedback included specific value-added services beyond
just industrial design and engineering. This feedback helps us to determine
which value-added services to add as we plan for 2011 and beyond. Two areas in
which we plan to add services are our machine shop and electronic design.

Lunch and Learn Series Launches January 19

Montie Design, with the help of the NC Manufacturing Network‚ a business
networking group on LinkedIn, introduces the Montie Design Lunch and Learn
Series of presentation and networking events in 2011. These low-key,
high-impact seminars provide manufacturers and related businesses with a
semi-monthly opportunity to network with peers and encourage innovative,
out-of-the-box thinking and solutions to help them prosper.

The first Lunch and Learn features Barry Cox of Wylie Labs presenting "Alphabet
Soup: The Acronyms and Steps of Military Contracting." The event is scheduled
for Wed., Jan. 19, noon-1:15 p.m. at the Montie Design studio just south of RDU
Airport in Morrisville.

Please reserve the date and time for now. There will be a charge to attend; a
catered lunch will be provided. We will provide you more information about the
series immediately following the holidays.

First Annual N.C. Defense Business Association Symposium and Exposition
The North Carolina Defense Business Association is holding its first Annual
Symposium and Exposition at the Pinehurst Resort (Pinehurst, N.C.) on April 19
and 20. The event's purpose is to provide information and networking
opportunities for current and potential contractors of the Department of
Defense and the defense and homeland security industry cluster.

Montie Design will be exhibiting and we would love to have some of you join us
there -- email or call us if you are interested.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Finally, we want to wish you and your loved ones a happy, safe and meaningful
holiday season. We are grateful for the opportunities we have had to serve
many of you in 2010, and we sincerely do wish you a merry Christmas and a happy
new year!

Cheers,
Montie Roland
President, Montie Design
[3]montie@montie.com
(800) 722-7987

About Montie Design

Montie Design is a collaborative product design and development firm with core
competencies in industrial design, mechanical design and fuzzy front-end
services. Implementing a client-centric approach in taking products from
concept to marketplace, Montie Design balances vision with usability in
realizing products that are economical to manufacture, elegant and robust. The
firm operates out of the Research Triangle region of North Carolina with
access to industry-leading technology, resources and innovative thought. For
more information, visit [4]montie.com.

If you don't want to receive additional Montie Design updates:

If you prefer that we stop sending you our email updates, please scoll to the
bottom and follow the directions after clicking on "Manage your subscription".
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

Find the Perfect Montie Gear Gift

Student Design Contest

Survey Results and a Winner

Lunch and Learn Launch

Join Us at a New Defense Contractor Event

We Wish You ...

[5]info@montie.com
[6]http://montie.com
(800) 722-7987