Re: RE: Ohhhh noooooooo

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Dec 24 2010 - 09:21:01 EST

"Brian" <hskr@cox.net> wrote:

> They priced it out of competition because you could get a full size Ram with
> the 5.7L for less than the cost of a Dakota with the 4.7L.

Yep, that combined with the increase in size, IMHO; it was just too
close to what you could get in the Ram for about the same money. Even
at the same price point, the size needs to decrease. That was one of
the major advantages of the Dak over the full size trucks - although
it may not have had all of the capabilities of the full size trucks,
it was darn close, and the smaller size made it attractive to "city
folk" and also performance enthusiasts who could get the same basic
drivetrain as the full size trucks in a smaller, lighter package.

Even if they didn't decrease the price, I bet Dodge would see better
sales numbers on the Dak if it had a smaller form factor. They should
have stayed with the original "mid-size" plan, IMHO.

With the price AND the size being so close to the Ram, the reasons for
picking the Dak over the full size are considerably diminished.

--
                                          -Jon-