Re: Re: Ohhhh noooooooo

From: TerribleTom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 25 2010 - 10:55:55 EST

Barry Oliver wrote:
> I like the dak because I can haul and drag as much as a ram in an easier to drive package..

Barry just wrapped it up in a nut shell. That was the whole basis of
the Dakota in the very first place, back in the 80s.

The Dakota was created as a "mid size truck" for those who wanted a
little more power than the mini trucks of the day, Mazdas, Toyotas,
S-10s... but who also did not need to haul a 5th wheel.., and did not
want the bone jarring ride that full size trucks offered back in that day.

Dodge (yes I say Dodge - the whole "Ram Brand" gimmick can FOAD for all
I care) ... Dodge... needs to get back to the roots of what trucks are
all about. Not outright scrap the Dakota. Dakota needs to be downsized
to something closer to what it was in the 80s and 90s... BODY ON FRAME!
  Unibody is just fine for crossovers and SUVs, NOT for trucks!

Truck manufactures in general - Ford, Dodge, Chevy... should not forget
that not everyone who wants a truck wants DVD navigation, back-up
parking sensors, and leather seats. I am totally revolted by what they
are asking for new full size trucks today. A stripped down basic 3/4
ton model is a moronic ass load of money. And the dealers lots are
mostly full of the high end trucks! $50K!!??? Who the hell has that
kind of money in todays economy!?

As for the artist rendering on Allpar... I like the front end. Finally
a kick ass front end for the Dakota that I like! That is all that I
like. The unibody "Honda Ridgeline" set up can get flushed down the drain.

On a related note, I am now actively and seriously on the hunt for a new
truck. I'll post another thread as to not hijack this one.

--TerribleTom