Re: Re: Ohhhh noooooooo

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Sat Dec 25 2010 - 11:49:37 EST

>>As for the artist rendering on Allpar... I like the front end. Finally
a kick ass front end for the Dakota that I like! That is all that I
like. The unibody "Honda Ridgeline" set up can get flushed down the
drain.<<

If they stuck with that front end and cab and put a real truck bed on the
back and a little more ground clearance, I could see myself liking it. The
problem is, people just aren't buying trucks that aren't full sized. Ford
can't give away a Ranger, the Chevy dealerships here don't even have
Colorados on their lots, and the Gen IV Daks cost as much as the Rams
sitting right next to them. Even Nissan is having a hard time moving the
Frontiers off the lot. Honda customers don't really shop at Honda
dealerships for trucks, which is why the Ridgeline is the way it is.

Unfortunately trucks aren't "just trucks" anymore. Now that they get decent
gas mileage and can seat 6 people they've become Griswold Family Trucksters
with the added bonus of pulling your boat or hauling the Christmas tree home
without the need for twine. The old school "vinyl seats that I can hose off"
and "AC? wtf do I need that for?" truck guys are most likely s.o.l.

- miggity

00' R/T CC.
DMLer since 1996.