Re: Ugh! More truck problems. Something's wrong with my 4 wheel drive.

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2010 - 14:29:29 EST

On Sunday 26 December 2010 12:28:36 you wrote:
> I'm not sure if I have a CV joint there. I figured it was one of
> those three. I was hoping to narrow it down.

Does the transfer case end look like this:

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/temp/im005179.jpg

If it does, then you have the CV version. The diff end of it should have a U
joint.

Narrowing it down, you can pull the front driveshaft, put the truck up on
jackstands, and put it in gear. If it still makes noise, it's the transfer
case. The front shaft is pretty easy to remove, and if it's a bad CV joint,
you're halfway to replacing it.