Re: Bzzrrttt

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2010 - 10:36:30 EST

On 30-Dec, 2010, at 02:17 , M.B. wrote:

> I'm assuming to get rid of the problem permanently I have to take the whole dash apart? Maybe I shouldn't, it's a fairly mild way of the truck voicing her displeasure; I hate to think what she might resort to next time she gets angry if I take her voice away. ;)

I don't think the Dakota is quite as nice as the early 2nd gen Rams. I changed the blower motor out in that truck in about 15 minutes with three screws and a plug, and that included fighting with getting the squirrel cage off the old motor. It just drops right out from below the glove box. I've not noticed anything quite as friendly for blower access in my '98 Dakota but I haven't had need to look either.

Fingers crossed, and knocking on wood,
Mike