Re: Bzzrrttt

From: Josh Battles (cletusjones@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2010 - 10:50:35 EST

On Dec 30, 2010 9:37 AM, "Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:

> On 30-Dec, 2010, at 02:17 , M.B. wrote:
> >

> > I'm assuming to get rid of the problem permanently I have to take the
whole dash apart? Maybe I shouldn't, it's a fairly mild way of the truck
voicing her displeasure; I hate to think what she might resort to next time
she gets angry if I take her voice away. ;)

> I don't think the Dakota is quite as nice as the early 2nd gen Rams. I
changed the blower motor out in that truck in about 15 minutes with three
screws and a plug, and that included fighting with getting the squirrel cage
off the old motor. It just drops right out from below the glove box. I've
not noticed anything quite as friendly for blower access in my '98 Dakota
but I haven't had need to look either.

Iirc he has a gen II...
And should you have to replace the blower motor in your 98, you might as
well do the heater core at the same time. They're in the same place and
require the same amount of work.

And on a sidenote, it only takes about 15 minutes to do a blower motor (or
resistor) in a BMW E30.

- Josh