Re: 2nd water pump, 130k

Date: Sat Jan 22 2011 - 13:17:33 EST

It would make me start wondering about serpentine belt tensioners. I
had to replace my water pump soon after I got the truck because someone
got cheap when the tensioning mechanism siezed up, and just forced the
belt tight and left it! The interior of the pump was missing aluminum
and I ended up having to replace the radiator because it was all gummed
up with ground up aluminum.

I also had to replace the idler pulley as the bearings were getting
noisy when it got below freezing outside.

My only recurring problem now is the stupid hose clamp on the lower rad
hose to water pump slowly working loose over time. I re-tighten it and
I'm good for another 6 months... and the leaky valve covers I keep
putting off fixing.

M.B.