Re: 2nd water pump, 130k

Date: Sat Jan 22 2011 - 16:11:53 EST

It had some old crudded up claps on it when I got it. I've had issues
with more than one "cut to fit" lower rad hose that didn't quite "cut to
fit" properly too. And the casting on the water pump has a casting
ridge on the rear of where the lower rad hose hooks up.

Some day I'll be draining the antifreeze, get some sandpaper and sand
the casting ridge smooth and replace the hose clamp with something not
from Napa. Until then I just keep a few extensions, a cheap ratchet and
an 8mm socket in the truck just in case. :)