RE: RE: 2nd water pump, 130k

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2011 - 20:14:19 EST

In a way I'm not surprised Josh, except for your napa hose having a spring.
It was a few years ago that I went looking for a new hose and the first I
got was from CarQuest. While I could have "made it fit", it had an angle
in it that just wasn't right for my '92 5.2L. I took my original and the
CarQuest hose to NAPA, AZ and Advance and all they had matched the CarQuest
one perfectly. None had springs. I sorta got the feeling the aftermarket
hoses were made to primarily fit the newer Daks and/or Rams....and perhaps
both the V6 and V8s. There appeared to be a slight difference from what
the earlier Daks needed. The one I got from the dealer matched my original
perfectly. I guess you newer Dak owners have it a little easier than those
of us with antiques.

Ray

This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was sent, using
definitions version 8154