Re: Dodge Ram on Craigs

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2011 - 05:50:55 EST

The thing about parting it out is in the end you have a carcass that
is hard to get rid of. Plus a yard may not even tow it away for you
because the parts that they make their money on is gone... so probably
would end up costing you money.

I kinda came to the realization a while ago that it's better to keep
what you got. Here I am stuck with an 05 that's pretty much
worthless, not really what I want, and probably a few months away from
the engine going helter-skelter... but to get something even close is
gonna burn a big hole in my wallet. So I'm stuck really, screwed
beyond comprehension. Only thing to do is look for a 5.7 and plan a
swap this summer.

If it were me, I'ld take a small jack and a 2x4 in the cab and see how
much of the roof you can pop back out! :) Not out much at this point!

Gary

--
Gary Hedlin
Show Car Signs by Hedlin Designs

--Many talk about those who died, but too few talk about those who survived... THANK A VET!